Tuesday 14 July 2015

Graduating

It's that time of year when I've been round the graduate shows and been amazed at all the creativity, commitment and beautifully presented work.
So Im writing this for those graduates I'd like to work with as an introduction to my recent work. 



I gave a lecture at SoTA, Northampton University for their subject futures week ....


Developed a new light up quadruped alien for
Professor Truman's Laboratory






And explored the continued enchanted series for Sorcha Ra this summer with two forest stilt walkers
which light up like the Northern Lights for the Christmas season






Looking back to the latex work I produced, I am now beginning to work this into costumes again




I made costume for students at The National Centre for Circus Arts again for their degree show








including some pyrotechnic props for Claudia

 





The durability of costume for circus is important .... Charline's feather costume included areas of painted feathers where the cloud swing 


I made so many circus costumes this year I haven't had a day off !




.... and the menagerie of animal heads and costumes keeps growing !


But next is the development of moving light and structural costume which is durable. I hope to move into my new studios in October with more space to experiment .... and to open the gallery as well as start the online shop ....

No comments:

Post a Comment